PR Boot Camp
It’s your time to kick it up a notch!
Want to get in PR Boot Camp
and get in gear for the year!?
Wondered what is a coach anyway and how can a coach help you in your publishing career? Think about this: though you’re qualified to play the game, wouldn’t you want someone there to help through the rough spots and give you pointers as they see you play. A good coach gives you play-by-play advice, motivation and instruction to help you win the game. Get the one-hour Book PR Coaching by Pam Perry and Learn:
- What is digital evangelism
- What is platform & how every Christian author must have one
- How to set goals and measure publishing success
- What conferences to attend in 2009 to make publishing connections
- The secrets to getting a good media list & a killer press kit!
- What the media really want!
- The importance of audience building and how to garner response from your target audience
- Key mistakes most new authors make
- New media and how to do virtual book tours
- Social Media strategy and tactis and FREE tools
Here is what one of our “campers” said:
I only accept no more than a few people nationally at a time and you will be in a group coaching session (going over your PERSONAL strategy via email).
As your PR coach, I am like . . .
- Your own personal trainer to enable you to achieve your book goals .
- Your sounding board when making choices.
- Your motivation when strong actions are called for.
- Your unconditional support when you take a hit.
- Your mentor during the PR process.
- Your inspiration telling you that you can do this.
- And most importantly, your partner in helping you achieve success with your book.
How does coaching work?
You now know what coaching actually is, so how does it work?
Well, I use:
- Numerous and individual sessions on the telephone to clarify your strategy and plan
- Numerous sessions using email (fieldwork will be given)
- Group coaching through the telephone (teleclass)
It consists of action steps to move you closer toward your goals and dreams.
You bring the agenda and I bring the coaching skills to create a partnership that moves you forward. (You will be given materials to read before we start)
But before we start, you must fill out a questionnaire (request it by send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) – this way I can diagnose your current PR Plan and see if I can provide a prescription or strategy for you through the program. (I only want to help those who I know I can truly help and led by God to assist!)
You will be provided a phone # to call in at the scheduled time each week (or listen to the podcast up to 48 hours later).
We will meet on Tuesdays from 9 to 10 p.m. – but the classes are taped if you can NOT meet during that time and you can listen at your convenience. (But all reading should be completed by class). You will get MP3s of all 4 classes to listen to forever!
The structure of coaching is flexible but will include:
o Initial assessment to evaluate work and needs and establish goals.
o Regular on-going coaching sessions (typically by email)
o Exercises to increase industry knowledge, encourage creative thinking, and develop practical skills plus media contacts!
o Full confidentiality
o PR / Marketing strategies for ongoing support after the Teleclass up to 2 months.
Coaching is $500 for four weeks.
As YOUR PR Coach and this is what you can expect:
2. I’ll develop and refine your ideas. You have great promotional ideas. Some are easy to put into practice and others need refining. I have working knowledge of hundreds of PR strategies – and the marketing know-how to tailor your book campaign.
3. Tap into my wealth of PR strategies and secrets. When you’ve “run out of ideas” to market and sell your book, I will re-energize you! I’ll educate you on the industry and the PR principles that will win results.
4. I’ll give you the contacts you need. In my two decades in PR I’ve amassed a rolodex full of media and publishing contacts. I’ll put you in touch with those I do know – and dig up anyone else that you need to know.
5. I’ll hold you accountable. It’s tempting to put off the PR tasks that are crucial to the marketing and sales of your book. I’ll guide you and hold you to the task. You’ve invested too much in your book not to reap the rewards! I’ll coach you to your highest potential and stick with you until you cross the finish line.
Are you ready to kick your writing career to the next level?
Here is what others have said about my style of PR coaching:
|“Sometimes in life, God leads us to a steep cliff and tells us to jump off. But we shrink back, fearing what looks like it will be a long, hard drop. That’s what happened when God gave me the idea to start my own business [and do more ministry writing for a living]. For years, I sat on the idea, fearing what appeared to be ‘a long, hard drop.’ As my faith ebbed and flowed, I prayed and asked God for help. Then, in December 2007, He sent me an e-blast about Pam Perry’s virtual mentoring program. She chose me to work with her in January 2008 and my life hasn’t been the same since.
Pam is such a great motivator. She knows how to put your talents to work and get you moving in your area of expertise, all the while pulling you out of your comfort zone to realize your God-given potential. As Pam’s apprentice/intern, I was immediately engaged in her work, writing and doing strategic media relations for some of her clients. I didn’t realize that all along she was gently coaxing me closer to the edge of that precipice. Then one day, she forced me to leap off that cliff and start my own company, Jordan Media Group. I don’t know how long I would have stayed on that ledge, if it hadn’t been for Pam and her wonderful program. It has truly been a blessing working with Pam. She’s a kind, nurturing, and loving person, a strategic thinker, an anointed publicity person, and a Christ-centered woman-all of which make it such a joy to work with her. I highly recommend her virtual internship to anyone who is interested in doing any kind of public relations, marketing, or advertising work within the Christian marketplace.”
Genikwa Williams, Jordan Media Group and freelance writer/blogger (www.jordanmediagroup.org)
|“I would first like to thank you for everything you have done for me throughout this PR Boot camp. The information you shared was priceless and your one on one attention to my particular needs, as a poet, were uncanny to say the least.”
Deborah Chenault-Green, author Back 2/1
|You can use me as a sounding board to discuss your objectives, new ideas, strategies and results. Coaching from me can prevent you from wasting your marketing dollars!
Get in gear this year, get with the program! Call me at 248.426-2300 and Get the support you need!
P.S. As a bonus you’ll get The Christian Writers Market Guide and a new copy of Synergy Energy: How to Market Your Book, Grow Your Business and Brand Your Ministry. Plus four Book Marketing Cds from Conferences where I spoke last year! You’ll also get a workbook filled with resources, worksheets and contacts. (A $200 value Total).